Working with energy independent from us we scheduled a call him would be perfect on carbon pollution tax bill March 24 and Middlebury. 21 people attended.
Above & Beyond Energy Challenge
Schedule a presentation from VPIRG about the Carbon Pollution Tax.
The more value you place on future generations, the bigger the carbon tax should be.
A tax on carbon would let Vermont set additional fees on fossil fuels which pollute the atmosphere and contribute to climate change. It would help address global warming by making it more expensive to emit carbon dioxide and raise money for programs which tackle the problems. IT would also encourage people and businesses to use fossil fuels more efficiently or look for cleaner alternatives.
- There's currently a coalition called Energy Independent Vermont working with the legislature to create a carbon pollution tax. Check out their website (on Resources) to learn more about it.
- Contact VPRIG (also in Resources), one of the leading groups in the EIV coalition, to schedule a presentation about the carbon pollution tax, and why it's important.
- Work with VPRIG to set a date and a time for the presentation. Also be sure to find a location - maybe your Clubhouse?
- Invite your friends, family, and community to the presentation. Put an announcement in your local paper or post on Front Porch Forum. Send emails. Create a Facebook event.
- Don't forget to create an event on Stanley's page for the Vermontivate! calendar.
- Take lots of photos and let us know how it goes!
Don't have the time to schedule a whole event?
Get a local business to endorse the Energy Independent Vermont campaign.