The Launch Party!
Organizing a launch party for your team is a great way to bring your team together and have some early success by working to pull off a collaborative project. Launch parties are also great for:
- Sharing Vermontivate! with your community.
- Bringing new members to your team.
- Supporting a local business or non-profit.
- Educating your community about a climate or sustainability-related issue.
Launch Party Rules
This is Vermontivate! Of course there are no rules for your launch party. But we do have a few suggestions...
Pick A Place (and also a date/time of course)
- Could be a restaurant, cafe, community center, classroom, or someone's backyard.
- Invite your friends and neighbors
- Create a Facebook event page
- Make a Vermontivate! calendar event
- Post about it on Front Porch Forum
- Hang up posters - we have a game poster with a blank space where you can write about your launch party
- Put an event listing in your local paper
- Send your local paper and TV station a press release
- Call your local radio station to let them know about it
Make It Fun And/Or Meaningful
- Have a local food potluck
- Bring canned goods for your local foodbank
- Have a seed swap
- Bring laptops and iPads so you can show people what the website looks like and sign them up to join your team right then and there!