I think that there should have less motorized transportation. So we can get more fitt and less video games.
Transportation Challenge #2
Give a boost to local efforts helping make VT transportation healthier, more convenient, and less expensive!
Numbers, Numbers, Numbers
Did you know that, on average, 25 percent of car trips are less than 1 mile and 40 percent are less than 2 miles? This little stat makes the option to walk or bike seem a little easier than we might think!
Numbers matter when you're trying to really move the needle on transportation issues. Your personal choices might only seem like a drop in the bucket, but individual actions can amplify pretty quickly! After all, raindrops may be tiny, but they when they join up and flow together they can transform the landscape in powerful ways. This challenge is a way to make a meaningful mobility difference!
- Learn about out one of the initiatives in the Resources section. They're all free, have prizes, and are probably things you'd like to do anyway!
- Pick one (or more!) and sign-up. Given the choices, there should be something for everyone.
- In the box below, say which one(s) you picked, and why!
Don't live in Vermont?
Don't fret! There's probably a program in your area that you could help move the needle on, including national versions of the some of the VT efforts above:
Join Vermont's team in the National Bike Challenge.
- Team Vermont won in 2013!
- It's low stress and super easy: FAQ
Join the bike challenge above, or:
Way to Go VT: Reclaim your ride.
There are special school tracks in both the National Bike Challenge and Way to Go.
Vermont Walk & Roll to School Day and Intergenerational Walk
- May 6th is National Bike to School Day
- Everything you need to know get started with Safe Routes to School