Recently I've been making my own Nutella mug cakes from a recipe I found online and those are definitely a guilty pleasure. It has too much sugar (maybe I can find a substitute) and a lot of chocolate (Nutella and cocoa powder). For how bad it probably is for you, the taste seems worth it. And for someone like me who doesn't know how to cook or bake real well, the recipe is super easy and hard to mess up. You just mix all the ingrediants in a mug and pop it in the microwave. I'll probably have one tonight...
Food Challenge #1
Open up about your food "guilty pleasure." But don't feel guilty! It's ok. No one's perfect!
"Orosensation" is how a food feels in your mouth. Food companies spend millions figuring out the perfect crunch of a potato chip or the ideal sizzle of a soda.
While it's important to eat healthy and nutritious food, my dears, you're still human! It's hardly practical to expect that you'll always resist the siren songs of sugar, fat, and salt that your bodies evolved to crave. So, if you're always going to have a secret (or not-so-secret) love for something which might not be The Best, might as well call it out and celebrate it!
- Don't think too hard. Just answer the question: What's your favorite junk food? You're welcome to define "junk" in your own inimitable way.
- Share a story about your favorite moment of Junk Food Love. What do you like most about it? What have you done to get it?
- Post a pic. Make our mouths water.
You never eat anything that isn't Good For You? How did you get so perfect? Tell us your secrets!
Ok Mr. or Ms. Perfectissimo, here's your alternative challenge:
- If you DID have a food weakness, what would it be?
- Still got nothin? Seriously, how do you DO it? Share a few tips or tricks you've learned!
Why Humans Like Junk Food (by a guy with a PhD!)