I ride the bus to school everyday. I think this helps the community because instead of having all of the people at my school have their parents drive them to school and waste tons of gas and fossil fuels and emit gasses, they are having a bus pick up 20 or so people on each bus. There are about 15 busses in our school district.
Transportation Challenge #1
Getting around should be Easy, Affordable, and Healthy - for everyone. Share a creative expression of what you value about these mobility rights!
Vermonters spend more than $1.5 billion on gas. Cars and Trucks account for almost half of our carbon footprint.
Darlings, no matter who you are, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness becomes whole a lot trickier when traveling around is expensive, inconvenient, or a real pain in the posterior. This challenge is a chance to reconsider what transportation should be for everyone: fun, accessible, and healthy - without costing an arm and a leg! So whether it's a drawing, a song, or a witty little meme, let's give a refreshing boost to what we value about transportation!
- Pick one of the "Mobility Rights" that most appeals to you - maybe an area that you'd like to improve in your life.
- Create a work of art (drawing, song, dance, wall mural, totem pole) which represents what it looks, sounds, or feels like to you.
- Share it in the box below!
We try to accentuate the positive, but if you'd prefer to focus on what your community needs...
- Is there a transportation issue, conundrum, or problem in your community that you'd like most to fix?
- What is it, and how would you fix it?
- Please share this information with a pinch of creative expression!
If you're stuck, start moving around!
Doodle on a napkin.
Ask a teammate!
A Few Creative Possibilities:
A Flag or Crest
A Mobility Map of where you go and how you get there
Song lyrics about running, walking, or biking
A mini-movie highlighting one awesome aspect of Mobility Rights