Well I don't mean to push along the steryotype that all games love Doritos and Mountain Dewe, but sadly Doritos are my guilty junk-food love. Though I can't stand Mountain Dew. I call it liizard pee for a reason. I had first been introduced to them when I was 8 and I was at a party with my Grammy and there were chips there. I didn't really know what Doritos were at the time, but since my friends hated them, I thought they were disgusting. But nevertheless, I decided to try a chip or two. Best. Thing. Ever. And now that they at least have Cool Ranch Doritos at my school, I have finally become happy. And I am so sorry for anyone who has to see the picture for this but, chocolate chip cookies...
Food Challenge #1
Open up about your food "guilty pleasure." But don't feel guilty! It's ok. No one's perfect!
"Orosensation" is how a food feels in your mouth. Food companies spend millions figuring out the perfect crunch of a potato chip or the ideal sizzle of a soda.
While it's important to eat healthy and nutritious food, my dears, you're still human! It's hardly practical to expect that you'll always resist the siren songs of sugar, fat, and salt that your bodies evolved to crave. So, if you're always going to have a secret (or not-so-secret) love for something which might not be The Best, might as well call it out and celebrate it!
- Don't think too hard. Just answer the question: What's your favorite junk food? You're welcome to define "junk" in your own inimitable way.
- Share a story about your favorite moment of Junk Food Love. What do you like most about it? What have you done to get it?
- Post a pic. Make our mouths water.
You never eat anything that isn't Good For You? How did you get so perfect? Tell us your secrets!
Ok Mr. or Ms. Perfectissimo, here's your alternative challenge:
- If you DID have a food weakness, what would it be?
- Still got nothin? Seriously, how do you DO it? Share a few tips or tricks you've learned!
Why Humans Like Junk Food (by a guy with a PhD!)