I agreed to coordinate on recruitment for Team Bobcat for my partner in good causes toward Earthcare, Fran Putnam. I got around to joining this team myself and inviting others to join. I told people about in info session tomorrow. It's never too late to start!
Warmup Challenge #5
Use your everyday superhero power to generate a little hope for someone on your team.
Ho there, I'm Scratchy Dave!
As Captain of Kudos I'm all about celebration, congratulations, and gratitude. Why? Because it's a fine thing to honor victories both big and small. A great side effect is that practicing gratitude is one of the best pathways to happiness! Stop by my Corner of Kudos to check out all the player awards and recognitions.
Our last challenge in Act 1 is an auspicious moment, when players take their first step into real world actions. We couldn't think of a better way to start than for you to use your skills connect with your teammates. Why? It feels grand and good to help others, so perhaps the better question would be "Why not!?"
- Take a gander at the hope-building tips in Resources.
- Brainstorm some ideas about how you might use your special abilities to give a little bit of hope to someone else. (Don't worry about what you'll actually do! Just let your mind run free.)
- Consider which of your teammates might be a perfect recipient of your awesomeness.
- Pick an idea, a teammate, and go ahead and do it!
- NOTE If you're not sure who's on your team, you'll need to close out of this box and go to the Teams page to check.
- Tell us what happened in the box below! (You can tell a story, post pictures, or write a poem. What's important is that you actually do it and share what happened!)
Can't do this challenge becaus you don't have any teammates yet? Not a problem!
Most all of the challenges in Vermontivate! will have an alternative if the main challenge doesn't work for you.
If nobody else is on your team yet, you can complete this challenge by getting another player to join you! In fact, by inviting them to your team you'll probably give them some hope and end up completing this challenge anyway!
Don't forget to let us know who you new compatriot it is!
Hints to Build Hope:
- Pick something to do or someone to help because you really care about what happens.
- It's extra hope-building if it's a little bit outside of your comfort zone.
- "Because I'm playing a game" is a great explanation for why you're doing something.
- Talk up your teammates for ideas!
Our Favorite Past Example
- Students in Brattleboro won some coupons for a free pint of ice cream, and they gave one to a player from South Burlington who didn't have her own team.