Mom and Dad say we need more insulation in our attic....so we are going to get that. And maybe the solar cells....which is super cool. What can I do? Try to use less lights, and ride my bike or walk more. Also stay outside as much as possible. That will help.
Energy Challenge #5
Think big! Tell the story of how you could get your life to 90% clean energy consumption.
Did you know?
90% of Vermonters support a clean energy future... but aren't sure what it will take to get there.
Vermont has set goals like 90% renewables (zero carbon emissions) by 2050, but if we're going to get there together, then we also have to think about our own individual pathways as well. By imagining what it would take to get there, the ideas become more real, making it easier for those that *could* pull it off to do so sooner, and that inspires everyone else as well! There's no time like today to imagine a better tomorrow!
- Check out the Resources to figure out what percent "clean" your energy usage is right now.
- List some key obstacles to getting to 90% renewables in your own life.
- Tell a story of how you could do *one important thing this year* to overcome a key barrier to getting there. (Hint: visuals can tell a great story)
Already living light? Share your story of how you got there.
Clean Energy Assessment
- "I don't have the time or expertise to figure this out."
- "I deserve to have and use as much energy as I want!"
- "I don't know even who to talk to about any of this!"
- "This has all got to be WAY too expensive for me!"
Example Ideas For Do-Able Changes
Energy Home of the Future
Cold Climate Heat Pump