I'm going to ask my team moderator about this and I'll edit this later! Looking forward to it though.
Above & Beyond Wildcard Challenge
Have A Team Waste Reduction Challenge!
Sweden recycles or reuses 99 percent of its waste! They do it by promoting (in descending order):
- Recycling alternatives
- Disposal in landfill.
Sometimes it takes carrying our waste around with us to get a clear sense of how much we actually use! And also, carrying our waste around with us makes us think more carefully about our purchases, use of items, and ways we handle the things we don't want anymore.
- This is a mini-competition for your team. It lasts for 5 days (you get to pick which 5 days).
- Everyone on your team should get a bag, box, or bin with their name on it. You're going to carry it with you all week long, so make sure it's easy to close.
- Every time you're going to throw something away, compost, or recycle it (because recycling takes energy too) put it in your personal container instead.
- Really. Everything. Every bit of plastic wrap or utensil or soft drink bottle or battery pack or uneaten food - it all goes in your container and you carry it with you.
- At the end of the 5 days, compare your trash/recycling hauls. Whoever has the least amount with them wins!
- No cheating! Jersey Jill will know if you cheat! More importantly, Mother Earth will know if you cheat, too!
- Let us know who wins! We'll send them a prize!
How To Manage Your Waste