I use baking soda on my toothpaste, it believe it is better for your teeth. (Warning: There is no flavor. Aka it takes very bad.)
Above & Beyond Wildcard Challenge
DIY: Make Your Own Toothpaste!
Ahhh, love that morning sulphur breath!
Before the advent of toothpaste, people would clean their teeth with pumice, crushed egg shells, and twigs.
My darlings, you know that oral hygiene is important for keeping ourselves healthy, but toothpaste doesn't always help. While I clean my teeth by chewing tin cans, you Humans are stuck with toothpaste - and sadly many toothpaste containers aren't recyclable. Even more sadly, some toothpastes contain formaldehyde, the toxic chemical used for preserving bodies! You might as well have a little Toothy Adventure and save some money, garbage, and your health by making your own!
- Follow the instructions in Resources and give it a shot!
- Let us know how it goes, and if you have any tweaks to the recipe which make your toothpaste even better.
Make Your Own Toothpaste! - from diynatural.com
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 – 2 tsp peppermint extract or 10-15 drops peppermint essential oil
- Water (add to desired consistency)
Mix ingredients and store in a glass jar.
When it’s time to use it, just wet your toothbrush, dip it in the powder, and brush away!
Other Uses For Toothpaste
- Clean your silver jewelry
- Dry up zits
- De-itch a bug bite
- Stick a poster to a wall