I think that kids should play less video games and get off electronics they spend more time texting then going outside because they are so fussed up when there parents take there phones and they spend so much time charging there phones they don't. Relies how much energy there using and how much electricity and a good way to waste your energy is to lay agame or go outside and play or go up Elmore mountain hike up there it is FUN!!!
Energy Challenge #3
Go on a Home Energy Treasure Hunt and see how many nuggets of savings you can find and claim!
“Vampires” are appliances that suck energy even when you think they’re shut off, like microwaves, DVRs, TVs, and game systems. "Wall Warts" are the big boxy chargers we tend to leave plugged in even after an applicance has been charged.
The exciting part about making simple little improvements in your home energy use is that everything you do makes things better, saves you money on the energy you don't use, and can even make your home a more comfortable place to be.
- Check out the Home Energy Treasure Hunt checklist from the Resources section.
- Pick one or two items from each room in your house that would be easy to take action on, don't take a lot of time, and don't cost a lot of money. Then do them!
- Share what you did! Be sure to post some photos of your home energy adventure!
If you think you've got this list covered:
- take this online survey and find out how efficient your home is; and then
- Complete this challenge by posting your score and your reaction!