this is the picture I drew to represent the cost of the energy for my house. It is 2 vacums vacuming up money for the apliances its connected to. one vacum is connected to the appliances tht use gas, and the other one is conected to electrical things. the gas vacum is using twice as much money as the electric one
Energy Challenge #2
Do some creative accounting with your household energy usage!
Did you know?
Hot water heating makes up about 20-30% of the carbon emissions of an average home?
Few people can relate to a "pound" of carbon, but most nearly all of us know the value of a dollar. Before diving into changes, my darlings, it'll be good to know where you started! But I don't care for the look of numbers much, so please turn it into a delightfully pretty picture!
- Find out how much your household spends every month on electricity and heat.
- Come up with a creative way to represent those costs (i.e. with unique comparisons)
- Make a picture of your creative household energy cost comparison and complete this challenge by posting it below!
Do this "creative accounting" for your business, school, or a friend.
What You Could Do
- Write a haiku about your energy bill.
- Make a pie (not a pie chart, a pie) representing your energy expenditures.
- Line up a bunch of glasses, fill them with different colored juices, and have each one represent a portion of your energy expenses.