I am leasing a plug in hybrid electric car -- a CMax Energi by Ford. It's affordable ($270/mo) and goes 12-24 miles on a charge, depending on the season. I love it and can easily recharge in Burlington, Montpelier, and Middlebury. It's not so easy, however, in other Vermont towns. I wish there were more charging stations in Vermont. Let's build more EV charging stations!
Transportation Challenge #1
Getting around should be Easy, Affordable, and Healthy - for everyone. Share a creative expression of what you value about these mobility rights!
Vermonters spend more than $1.5 billion on gas. Cars and Trucks account for almost half of our carbon footprint.
Darlings, no matter who you are, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness becomes whole a lot trickier when traveling around is expensive, inconvenient, or a real pain in the posterior. This challenge is a chance to reconsider what transportation should be for everyone: fun, accessible, and healthy - without costing an arm and a leg! So whether it's a drawing, a song, or a witty little meme, let's give a refreshing boost to what we value about transportation!
- Pick one of the "Mobility Rights" that most appeals to you - maybe an area that you'd like to improve in your life.
- Create a work of art (drawing, song, dance, wall mural, totem pole) which represents what it looks, sounds, or feels like to you.
- Share it in the box below!
We try to accentuate the positive, but if you'd prefer to focus on what your community needs...
- Is there a transportation issue, conundrum, or problem in your community that you'd like most to fix?
- What is it, and how would you fix it?
- Please share this information with a pinch of creative expression!
If you're stuck, start moving around!
Doodle on a napkin.
Ask a teammate!
A Few Creative Possibilities:
A Flag or Crest
A Mobility Map of where you go and how you get there
Song lyrics about running, walking, or biking
A mini-movie highlighting one awesome aspect of Mobility Rights