I hurt my foot playing soccer last week (sprained it) but today I decided to push my limits and see if it would be okay on a bike ride. And it was! I biked to work for the first time in a week. I admit, I didn't dress myself or my bike too celebratorily because I was really cold! But I made it in on time and took a picture before I jumped into the showers at work!
Above & Beyond Transportation Challenge
Take A Celebratory Earth Day Bike Ride
Getting Up There!
April 22, 2015 is the 45th anniversary of Earth Day!
Earth Day is a marvelous opportunity to participate with millions of people all over the planet in celebrating this tiny blue ball we call Home. Riding your bike is one of the best ways to get around and it's healthy for you and for the world! An Earth Day Bike Ride is a perfect match! Much like peanut butter and chocolate. Or, for us goats, baling wire and license plates...
- Mark your calendar for April 22, and pick a time and direction for your ride.
- Invite some friends to join you. Maybe you can bike to a favorite place for an Earth Day Picnic!
- Dress up! After all this is a celebration. See how fancy and frolicsome you can get!
- Decorate your bike! What's a mobile party without snazzy wheels to go with it?
- Have fun and take lots of pictures!
- Tell us how it went!
Not in the mood for a ride? Find another way to celebrate.
Perhaps there's an Earth Day Walk in your future. Or a Happy Earth Day sign you can make and hang in a window or on a wall. Get creative and have some fun!