I enjoyed doing this, it is a way to be more engaged with what is happening every day. I have so much to be grateful for and I have tried to document some of this gratitude in the pictures attached
Above & Beyond Wildcard Challenge
Share 5 Gratitudes/Day for 5 Days
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend." - Melody Beattie
Ho there Vermontivators! Did you know that when it comes to living a happy, healthy life, researchers have found that a Gratitude Practice is one of the simplest, most powerful tools you have at your disposal? Well, it's true! In particular, a Gratitude Practice helps people place less importance on material goods, makes them less likely to judge success in terms of material possessions, and are more likely to share what they have with others. Given that one of the drivers of climate change is our consumerist society, practicing gratitude is a very real way of helping make things better! So give it a go!
- Pick a time of day - right before you go to bed is good.
- Write down five things you were grateful for that day.
- Gratitudes can be anything - from someone smiling at you, a delicious sandwich you had at lunch, or a friend who cheered you up when you were feeling down.
- If you're having a tough time thinking of something, check out the Resources for some helpful hints.
- After you write the gratitudes, read them over once before you go to bed.
- Let us know how it goes and if it makes you feel any differently about your life.
- Note: Remember that you can edit your moments of play, so you can come back and update this every day if you like.
That level of gratitude feels like too much for your life right now?
Go ahead and modify the challenge. If it's only one gratitude, that's ok. It can even be the same one for 5 days if that's all you're feeling right now.