I love cookies. But since I have not electricity or running water my kitchen is nor set up for making cookies and other yummy baked goods at home. Therefore I often buy baked goods at the country-op that come in plastic containers. Now I am making a bigger effort to avoid buyinplastic, so this means no more co-op cookies. Instead in have found that by getting my treats at otter creek bakery I can avoid getting plastic. Pictured is one of my favorite treats from the bakery with no plastic. I have no guilt at all about it. I really like good food .
Food Challenge #1
Open up about your food "guilty pleasure." But don't feel guilty! It's ok. No one's perfect!
"Orosensation" is how a food feels in your mouth. Food companies spend millions figuring out the perfect crunch of a potato chip or the ideal sizzle of a soda.
While it's important to eat healthy and nutritious food, my dears, you're still human! It's hardly practical to expect that you'll always resist the siren songs of sugar, fat, and salt that your bodies evolved to crave. So, if you're always going to have a secret (or not-so-secret) love for something which might not be The Best, might as well call it out and celebrate it!
- Don't think too hard. Just answer the question: What's your favorite junk food? You're welcome to define "junk" in your own inimitable way.
- Share a story about your favorite moment of Junk Food Love. What do you like most about it? What have you done to get it?
- Post a pic. Make our mouths water.
You never eat anything that isn't Good For You? How did you get so perfect? Tell us your secrets!
Ok Mr. or Ms. Perfectissimo, here's your alternative challenge:
- If you DID have a food weakness, what would it be?
- Still got nothin? Seriously, how do you DO it? Share a few tips or tricks you've learned!
Why Humans Like Junk Food (by a guy with a PhD!)