I am going to delete coffee from my diet and then after two coffee free weeks , I'm going to delete sugar from my diet for a few weeks and see how I feel afterwards... Decide if it will be a permanent change.
Above & Beyond Food Challenge
Stop eating sugar for 5 days!
Who Do We Blame?
This challenge was created by craycrayLilers from Essex Middle School!
craycrayLilers says: "I think there should be a challenge about not eating sugar because sugar is terrible for your health, and its gross, and addicting." craycrayLilers is right! Natural sugar - like the kind you find in fresh fruit - is one thing. But added sugar is bad for your teeth, your liver, your insulin levels, your digestion, your brain, and, well, pretty much everything! The tricky part is that sugar is incredibly addictive, so you're going to have to get creative about what to do when you get a sugar craving! Which is why I have claimed this challenge as my own.
- Pick the five days you'll stop eating added sugar (1 piece of fresh fruit per day is ok) and stick to it!
- Tell your friends and family what you're up to so they can support you and NOT wave cookies under your nose. Ask for help!
- Come up with a strong, creative plan for what you're going to do when you get hit with a sugar craving. Could be drink a glass of water, sing a song, stand on your head, play with a string of beads.
- Make sure you have everything you need to implement your plan (bottle of water, title of song, beads, etc...)
- It might be easy or it might be tough. Let us know how it goes!
Already given up sugar?
Is there any other tweak in your diet you could make? Or help you can offer someone else?