This challenge is easy . We use no electricity because we have no electricity . We live in a yurt in the woods.
Energy Challenge #2
Do some creative accounting with your household energy usage!
Did you know?
Hot water heating makes up about 20-30% of the carbon emissions of an average home?
Few people can relate to a "pound" of carbon, but most nearly all of us know the value of a dollar. Before diving into changes, my darlings, it'll be good to know where you started! But I don't care for the look of numbers much, so please turn it into a delightfully pretty picture!
- Find out how much your household spends every month on electricity and heat.
- Come up with a creative way to represent those costs (i.e. with unique comparisons)
- Make a picture of your creative household energy cost comparison and complete this challenge by posting it below!
Do this "creative accounting" for your business, school, or a friend.
What You Could Do
- Write a haiku about your energy bill.
- Make a pie (not a pie chart, a pie) representing your energy expenditures.
- Line up a bunch of glasses, fill them with different colored juices, and have each one represent a portion of your energy expenses.