Frequently Asked Questions about Vermontivate 2013!
What is Vermontivate!?
Vermontivate! is an award-winning community sustainability game, bringing fun and creativity to the serious work of tackling climate change. Players take on a wide range of sustainability-related challenges, earning points for their town or school. At the end of the game, the winning town gets an ice cream party from Ben&Jerry’s. The winning school will get a trophy and a delightful combo gift package from a collection of our partner organizations.
What does my team have to do to win?
Earn more points per capita than the other teams, AND earn eligibility for your team. So to be in the running for the Grand Prize Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Party, you need to:
- Have at least three players from the team signed up to play. (Completed profiles strongly encouraged)
- Have at least one player in each of the three Required Guilds: Transportation, Food, and Energy.
- Commit and publically share a Team Goal. Goals can be whatever you choose, but here are some examples to get you thinking:
- Raise money for a new town bike rack and community bike sharing fleet, a community garden, weatherization for those in need, or a public car charging station.
- Set targets for increasing the number of students walking and biking to school or for reducing the amount of waste/trash you dispose of.
- Help your town and its energy committee in the Home Energy Challenge.
- Start a new Sustainable Living column for your town’s newspaper.
- Hold a public Launch Event to announce your town's participation.
You can knock out your team's eligibility with a single, kickin' event. Host a potluck, meet at the cafe or library. Whatever you do, just be sure to let us know by filling out the team eligibility form! We'd also love to know about how your event went! Share pictures, video, goals, and comments. Just be sure to do it before the final week of the game or else you will be out of the running!
Why does my team have to become eligible to win?
Just because anyone can play, doesn't mean that anyone can win. Teams must meet a few in-game eligibility requirements before (June 16th) the final week, in order to be in the running for the grand prize. check out the bottom of the How It Works page for more on team eligibility. Remember: to win you have to be earn eligibility AND get the most points per capita!
What do all these different terms mean?
Players pick it up quickly by playing, but feel free to check out the hand dandy Glossary of Vermontivate! Lingo
I think Vermontivate is great, but not many people have heard of it. Can you help me help you get the word out?
We thought you'd never ask! (Who are we kidding, people have been asking for this since the beginning!) Check out Young Stanley's Player Promotion Resource Kit!
What about this? And that? And all this other stuff? I have more questions!
As well you should! Let us know what you'd like to know! We're going to add to this page until, and long after, the cows come home (we expected them hours ago, the chickens have long since roosted...)